newBatch server. A full blown http server with a REST API, no more temp files!
newThe currently running render job can now be cancelled without cancelling the rest of the batch
newYou can now check the progress of a render when using a supported render engine (Cycles and Eevee only for now)
newPort option for the batch server in preferences
newOption to never shutdown the batch server in preferences
newDocumentation button in the addon preferences to quickly check the docs locally
improvedMuch better UI for previous batch stats
newPrevious Batch mode now includes batch started and finished date, as well as total rendertime
newPrevious Batch mode now includes statistics for the batch (average, fastest, slowest)
improvedMuch more organized UI for preferences
portPorted for Blender 2.80
newAdded an option to print debug messages in the console
newAdd option to disable overwriting render files in batches
newRender+ can now run custom commands before and after running a batch, as well as before and after running render jobs
improvedPower off, notifications and actions in batch are separated from the general settings
improvedEmail notifications now include batch stats: average time, slowest and fastest job.
changedThe Previous Batch button is now in the batch menu instead of a separate button
changedThe Batch panel is now in the new Output tab
removedCustom CSS for RSS files (we can have actual HTML clients now)
removedOpenGL buttons and settings. Blender now calls this Workbench and treats it as a rendering engine.
changedGlobal percentage is now disabled by default for batches
improvedGlobal percentage can now be set higher than 100% in batches
improvedFixed several tooltips that weren’t clear enough
improvedMassive Refactor. The new code is much cleaner and more maintainable
improvedDebug/info messages take less space and lines now
improvedMarkers Quick batch is now disabled if there are no markers in scene
improvedThe extensions setting in the output panel is when rendering batches
improvedQuick Batches for Markers, Cameras and Render Layers now set default output paths
improvedBetter UI for external blends
newExternal blend path now turns red if file is missing or corrupt
newExternal blend jobs are now autofilled when the blend path is set
newExternal blend jobs now have selection lists for scenes, worlds, cameras and render layers
new“Add external” tool. This option lets you select multiple external files and add them as render jobs
improvedFile selector only shows blend files when selecting an external blend
improvedFixed code style everywhere. Also made it more PEP8 compliant
improvedMore robust logging code
fixedR+ logger no longer conflicts with Flamenco/Blender ID addon
newDefault Output path preference. The user can now set a convention for new output paths in new render jobs.
newTest Connection button for Email settings. The connection to the SMTP server can now be tested without sending any emails.
newClear Batch Temp Folder button. It’s possible to delete all left-over files from the batches temporary folder in one click now.
newAdded documentation and a warning when setting up a Gmail account for emails. Some extra setps are needed to use a Gmail account from R+ due to Google’s security measures.
improvedEmail notifications don’t set a fake sender in the headers anymore. This prevents Gmail from rejecting emails.
improvedDuplicated render jobs now come up below the original job and are automatically selected.
improvedRender Layers Quick Batch now includes the scene name in the render job’s name
changedScenes Quick Batch doesn’t fill the renderlayer input anymore. This way it will render all layers by default. The old behaviour can be replicated using the Renderlayers Quick Batch.
fixedFix a bug when starting batches with a terminal on Windows
fixedFix another bug when starting batches on Windows
fixedFix bug in batches on Windows when using a terminal
fixedFix bug in GPU detection while registering
fixedFix bug when starting batches on Windows
fixedFix bug when cancelling batches on Windows
newChange output mode. A way to change outputs for all render jobs automatically.
newLarge Renders. Split a huge render into multiple render jobs.
newColor Looks. Create a job for each look in the color management panel.
newQuick batch: option to create one job per scene.
newBatch Log mode. Access stats of the previous batch.
newShow output folder button. Opens the folder where rendered images will be saved.
newJobs can now use a specific GPU (in setups with multiple GPUs) or CPU
newJobs can use a specific number of samples (Cycles only)
newSection render. A job can render out only a portion of the image.
newCSS style sheets for RSS feeds. Includes support for custom CSS files.
newAutomatically create directories for batches
newOpen batches inside terminals
newUse custom blender binary for batches
newCustom overrides can now be disabled
newCustom overrides can have names
newRender jobs can now have specific worlds (set in the scene tab)
newBatches can now follow notifications, power off and pre/post actions
newOpenGL renders now have settings: transparent, render from viewport and percentage
improvedAutogenerate is now Quick Batch, much better ui
improvedMarkers in quick batch are now properly sorted by their frame
improvedYou can choose to create animations jobs in when using markers in quick batches
improvedYou can choose not to set cameras automatically when using markers in quick batches
improvedRender jobs now autocomplete scene details when created
improvedRender jobs now autocomplete output paths when created
improvedRender jobs now autocomplete when a different scene is selected
improvedAny Render job can be made external now (through the external checkbox)
improvedBetter ui for custom overrides
improvedBetter ui for the initial state of the batch
improvedBetter ui for global settings
improvedBatches no longer complain about output paths. They just add a ’_1’ to the duplicated filename.
improvedBetter ui in Render tab in batches
improvedRender jobs are now named after the current scene when created
improvedDuplicated names in the render jobs list are handled much better
improvedBetter error handling in the support log
deprecatedBackground renders (you can use a 1 render job batch now)
deprecateddBus option for Power off in Linux (almost everyone is using systemd now)
- Major code refactor. All the code is now organized into modules, code duplication has been reduced and error handling is more robust in general.
- Email Notifications. Send an email to notify when a render is complete. Requires an email account to send.
- Export Stats to CSV. Save stats data as a CSV file for graphs, databases, etc.
- Much improved documentation for users and developers
- New samples for post/pre actions in docs
- Clone override button. Custom Overrides can be quickly copied to all render jobs with one click.
- Most of the code is now unit tested.
- Colored output in terminal (only Linux)
- Render jobs using external blends no longer require an output path. You can leave it blank to make R+ use the output set in the external blend.
- Generate support log setting. Enabling this feature will write a detailed log file while using R+, useful to help solve issues/bugs.
- New batch rendering implementation. No longer freezes the UI!
- Batches run independently of Blender now. You can close, or open another file while the batch is running. It will continue even if Blender crashes.
- The list updates as the batch process each job (whether it’s finished or failed)
- Use all scene layers feature has been disabled for now. Something changed in recent releases that has made it stop working and I haven’t been able to fix it yet.
- Batches can now be cancelled. Any running jobs will be immediately terminated.
- Refresh interval for the batch panel can be set in the addon preferences
- Support for external blend files in batch. Scene/camera/render layers don’t autocomplete though (API limitations).
- Enable/Disable all options to quickly toggle batch render jobs
- Render jobs can now be renamed by double clicking on their name in the list
- You can also toggle between animation and still renders by clicking the icon in the list
- Option to ignore Render Border setting in batch
- Option to write log files for each render job
- Global size setting for batches. This size will override any size you have set for render jobs, as well as the size you have set in the output panel. Useful to make quick previews.
- All messages printed to the console now have timestamps
- Log files for background jobs and batches include timestamps. Batches include the render job number and batch name.
- Size percentage (from the output panel) is now ignored in batch to avoid user mistakes. If you need to change the size for all jobs you can use the new global size setting.
- RSS file support. Render+ can now generate an RSS file for each batch, so you can monitor it’s progress. If you put this file in a network or Dropbox folder, you can monitor the batch using your tablet/phone/TV/browser/etc. See the docs for more info.
- Render jobs can have specific file formats. (format specific options not available yet though)
- Render jobs can use a specific number of threads (use 0 for automatic)
- Custom overrides for render jobs.
- Render+ will now check for conflicting or invalid output paths in the batch list
- Animation jobs can now render specific Render Layers
- The “Cycle slots” toggle has been replaced by the Slots menu. Cycle slots never worked quite well because of API issues and it wasn’t very useful. The new slots menu allows you to change slots from the render panel, as well as name them. Used slots have a fully visible icon, free slots have a more transparent one.
- Render jobs must have different names now. This was preferred before, but now it’s enforced due to the possibility of bugs and data conflicts.
- Render+ will warn about invalid scenes, cameras or combinations of both. Previous behaviour was using the default scene/camera but this was frustrating (specially in long batches :) )
- Improved UI
- Autosave now honors overwrite option
- Autogenerate jobs for batch rendering
- Sound notifications
- The animation settings toggle is gone!
- Options to send to bottom/top, duplicate, and clear all in Batch
- Batch panel can be disabled in preferences
- New Stats: Estimated time, average/fastest/slowest frame rendertimes
- Batch rendering
- Change slot after rendering