- new New object distribution system using layers
- improved object distribution layers are saved in terrains now
- improved Better UI for relative scale (formerly autoscale)
- improved Distribution panel only visible when there’s an object selected
- new “Optimize for camera” setting for object layers.
- new Types of layers: Trees, Rock, Grass and Props
- new Minimum height setting
- new Minimum slope setting
- new Area coordinates setting (X, Y, Width, Height)
- new Feather setting. Makes the distribution’s borders softer
- new Random setting. Randomly add/remove density of distribution
- new Rotation setting
- new Random Rotation. Add some randomness to rotation
- new Seed setting to control randomness settings
- new Slant setting for trees
- new Cluster setting for trees/grass. Improves realism by grouping trees in the specified number of clusters. The intensity of this setting can be tweaked too.
- new Clump at the bottom setting for rocks. Groups rocks at the bottom of the terrain to simulate rocks rolling down.
- new Object layers can be disabled to avoid adding them
- new Object layers can be cloned
- new Object layers list can be cleared. Optionally only particle systems can be removed.
- new Object layers can be exported to CSV, Python Lists or Splat maps
- improved Particle systems are deleted when object layers are deleted
- improved Better UI for vertex group generation in tools panel
- new Presets can now be imported from zip files
- new Add support for STRM (.hgt) and Gridded ASCII (.asc) files for heightmap based terrains
- new Exported terrains can be split in several smaller images
- fix Typo bug when making generated terrains with the island setting
- fix Don’t try to reload custom icons when reloading the addon
- fix Don’t re-register terrain features when reloading the addon
- fix Prevent unnecessary recursion on custom detail amount for terrains
- fix Show a nice error mesage when trying to apply object distribution on a terrain that no longer exists
- improved Mirage now only prints messages to the console when it’s finished making terrains or in case of errors
- improved massive refactoring throughout the code. Much more maintainable now
- improved Code now follows PEP8 more strictly
- new Terrains can now be generated directly as heightmaps
- new Generated heightmaps can be automatically split into smaller images
- new Rock generation
- new Rocks are UV unwrapped by default
- new Multiple rocks can be generated at once
- new Rocks can be automatically added to an object distribution layer
- new Rocks can be baked from a high poly model into low poly automatically
- new Baked rocks can be automatically triangulated
- new Mirage can setup the rock bake, but don’t actually bake. That way the rocks can be tweaked before baking.
- new Low poly rocks are automatically stylized when the polycount is lower than 100
- new High poly rocks can optionally feature cracks and crystals on top
- new Button to access documentation on addon preferences
- improved Improves calculation of performance for trees
- new User preference to control the threshold at which tree display is changed
- Fix Fix a Bug in addon registration, where it refused to enable for some people.
- Fix Fix a in terrain generation, where some people were unable to generate terrains (the “tuple” error).
- new Presets system. Applies only to procedural terrains at the moment.
- new Presets can be imported/exported
- new 10 default presets included
new New Terrain algorithm based on Frequency Synthesis. Much more realistic, and slightly faster.
new Terrain generation doesn’t block the Blender ui anymore, and shows progress in two steps. (Mac and Linux only)
new Terrain generation can be canceled (before it’s linked to the scene)
new Terrain Features tab. This is where optional terrain effects will live in the ui.
new Slopes Effect
- Can control intensity for X/Y axis
- Can set a minimum height for X/Y axis
- Slope direction can be inverted
removed Initial heights was removed and replaced with the slopes effect.
new Thermal Erosion
- Repose angle (talus) can be modified between common ground values (30-45)
- Strength of the effect can be controlled
new Stratified effect (strata).
- Can happen at different frequencies
- Strength of the effect can be controlled
- Slope can be inverted (going inwards)
changed Terrain detail now uses a dropdown selector with three levels (normal, medium and high) and a custom option.
new Custom detail. Terrains can now have specific number of segments.
- Lets the user fine-tune the amount of vertices in the final mesh
- Custom Base Grid setting lets the user increase the amount of fine detail in the terrain
new Plateau setting. Flattens terrain at a specific height.
changed Terrain is always generated at 0,0 coordinates and is scaled vertically between 0 and max height.
changed Terrain remains at 0,0 coordinates even if sea level is higher than zero
new Alpine setting. Increases difference between valleys and peaks
new Deformation setting. Makes the terrain more “twisty” and adds more ridges
changed Seed values are now positive integers going up to 2,000,000,000
new Smoothed to plane edges now have a “smoothing factor” that determines how much the terrain is smoothed (works in island too)
Terrains from Heightmaps¶
- new Add preview selector for previous heightmaps
- fix Make the file browser show only images when selecting heightmap
- changed Move terrain from heightmaps to it’s own panel
- changed Group buttons and inputs in the ui
- changed Use real world measure units whenever possible in the ui
- changed Use 0-10 and 0-5 integer ranges in the ui whenever possible (easier to tweak)
- new Set a custom tab for Mirage’s panels in Addon Preferences
- fix Disable “Add trees” if no group selected
- fix Check if the selected tree group is not empty
- fix Use trees rotated on the side to take advantage of Blender’s random rotation
- fix Make sure tree mesh dimensions are never 0 when calculating auto-scale (so billboards can be used)
- new Export vertex Groups to image
- new Export terrain to data
- Export as 1D/2D list
- Export as Python/CSV
- new Export to heightmap is now separated into a button
- Can export heightmaps from any plane-like mesh
- changed Heightmaps are now exported in Linear colorspace
- Initial Release
- Terrain Generation using Diamond-Square
- Terrain Generation using Heightmap image
- Tree Distribution
- Tools for vertex groups